So about that art journaling thing...

I have tons and tons of things to put in the journal, but haven't been able to bring myself to add the first thing to page. I am such a chicken. I need to just get over it and do it. There's no trying in art journaling, just do it!

So, I will do this. I think it will be good for me. I collect all these pamphlets and clippings and things from my adventures. I can't help it - they call to me. So, now it's time I put them to use.

Keep checking back - an post with an actual photo of a journaled page will appear.

In other news, I have been having an amazing summer. My parents came to visit and we played alot. I have a garden, which struggles because I am a horrible gardener and the bed wasn't deep enough for anything to really grow. It is also possible that in my enjoyment of the rest of the summer I may have forgotten to water things very regularly.

However, I have been getting peas, swiss chard, a cherry tomato or two, strawberries and rhubarb. And beans that are growing on plants that are so short I didn't realize beans could grow on them. This fall I am going to build some boxes and will make sure that everyone has enough water and dirt next year.

Oh, and I have a pumpkin that is taking over the entire garden. I might also need to plan a bit better next year. Oh and lettuce - the lettuce is getting ready to eat also. Not the best harvest, but I learned something valuable, do not grown from seeds directly in the ground here, start them yourself or buy them. The growing season is pretty short, though we do get really lovely sun and nice long days.

So, I leave you with this photo of one of my harvests.


Hope the summer is going well for the rest of you! =)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zeitgeist and the month of December…