NaNoWriMo is here - AND I might be crazy -- AND some good news!

But, I think I am going to do it. I have been feeling (well besides stressed)that I need more creative stuff in my life. I spend too much time thinking, how it would be cool if I .... (insert creative thing here). And then this little email showed up announcing NaNoWriMo, which for those of you who don't know is National Novel Writing Month.

You can read lots about it on the NaNoWriMo website. It's really a big and scary challenge. 30 days - 50,000 words, approximately 1,667 a day. In order to finish a novel. Dauting, yes. Scary, yep. But, ultimately I hope uber-rewarding.

Today, was day one and I manage 1,701 words, just over 3 pages and could have gone longer, but I have some other homework to work on. What I thought I was going to write and what is coming out of my fingers on the keyboard are two different things, but that's okay.

Random picture time. This is from awhile ago, but I like how it's a going down the road on the adventure kind of picture. Sorry about the quality, I took it with my cell phone. Just as FYi, it's not snowing here yet, but I suspect it is on the way and soon. Unfortunately, for my December road trip.


Other GREAT news! I got accepted to my program at Western Washington University in Bellingham, Washington. Yup, all accepted and now get to freak out about all the little details like finances, driving up there, paying for books and culture shock. But, it's the great kind of freaking out to do. Love it! I'm truly on a new adventure in 46 days! =)

Hope you are all doing well and having a lovely week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zeitgeist and the month of December…