A Garden... me??? Am I Crazy???


Well, I might be. I have thought about doing this for awhile. I mean it does make sense. There is a spot to have a little garden in the backyard. I love, love, loved the swiss chard from last summer (which incidentally has decided it's time to sprout again all by itself). AND, well I love fresh food.

So, here is a list of what I am going to attempt this summer. I may start a blog specifically for this "experiment in crazy" but, again maybe not.

Right now, there is swiss chard a growing on its very own.

I started some seeds of broccoli, cucumber, beets and snap peas. There is also a seed of lettuce mix with the following: oak leaf lettuce, red leaf lettuce, arugula, cress, endive, radicchio and green-leaf lettuce.

And a a couple of plants... leeks, eggplant and acorn squash.

I know that people have grown all these things locally. Whether I will be able to is another story altogether.

Tomorrow my mom and I will be preparing the dirt for the (hopefully) little plants that will be around in according to the directions a few weeks.

Happy Blogging!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zeitgeist and the month of December…