2010 - the List
I'm a huge list maker, I think I may have mentioned this before. I also have a very small obsession with sticky notes. I once met a man who was a sticky-note designer (I kid you not) while overseas in Belgium. He handed me this lovely huge stack of prototypes and I think I almost fainted. I should have saved them or at least taken a photo, but I didn't.
Right now, I just have your run of the mill, standard sticky-notes from Walmart, soon I will be on the prowl for some that are a little less ordinary to brighten up my little day planner. I am also a little to attached to the planner, though right now there is not much to put in it. I anticipate a change... at least if I am to follow through with my to-do list for 2010 (otherwise known as resolutions).
Here's this year's list:
1. Lose weight (I won't say how much needs to go, but it's plenty).
2. Read at least 60 books.
3. Run 30 minutes without stopping.
4. Make the Dean's List every semester.
5. Cook dinner at least 3 times a week.
6. Volunteer at the library.
7. Blog at least three times a week.
8. Draw at least four times a week.
9. Finish at least ten large watercolors.
10. Be kinder to my family. (I know this should be first, but I thought I'd save the best one for last).
You might wonder what all this list-making has to do with the cactus featured above. Well, nothing, I just feel like my posts are not complete without a photo. Looking forward to the coming spring for more opportunities for great shots and a possible trip through Sedona, Arizona. **fingers crossed that it will be so**
All in all, I think these are all achievable and will challenge me. I like the practice of making resolutions, though I can never make just one - that's not a list and I like lists too much to go any other way.
Here's to hoping for a happy, productive and fabulous new year!!