My last act in 2009 was to finish this book..

Three Cups of Tea: One Man's Mission to Promote Peace . . . One School at a Time Three Cups of Tea: One Man's Mission to Promote Peace . . . One School at a Time by Greg Mortenson


My rating: 4 of 5 stars
As an aspiring teacher/librarian I found this amazing, inspiring, uplifting and empowering. I know lots of adjectives. It's also incredibly relevant as Greg Mortenson and the Central Asia Institute are setting up schools in rural Afghanistan and Pakistan. The timeline covers pre and post 9/11 life in those areas with insights that I really appreciated.

It also restored my faith in New York Times Bestsellers as the last couple I have read I felt were a waste of my time.

It is written by a journalist and infused with Mortenson's words. Gorgeous and well worth the time. It really leaves you with a sense of hope that really one person CAN make a difference.

View all my reviews >>


I only gave it 4 stars because I'm trying to be stingier in my rating system and not give out 5's unless I feel like it's something that really changes my life.

Still thinking over my resolutions.. In my time zone I still have about 4 more hours before the official new year, so I'll procrastinate a bit longer.

Happy New Year and goodbye 2009! Hope 2010 is a good one!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zeitgeist and the month of December…