Mmmmm... Thanksgiving is coming soon...

I LOVE Thanksgiving! It's my favorite holiday - mostly because I also LOVE food.

I have decided to do the cooking this year at my house. My mom normally does most of it. Here's what the menu looks like:

It was a challenge as one of the members of the household (cough ... cough... my dad) is a staunch supporter of everything always being the SAME... ugh. However, should you ASK him what he wants, bizarre things (mostly that sound unappetizing) come out of his mouth. So, I tried to balance the familiar with a little twist. **Fingers crossed this goes over well, because he's also a HUGE whiner.**

APPETIZER:

Squash Soup, courtesy of Alton Brown's recipe at the Foodnetwork
Spinach Salad, (spinach, tomatoes, cucumber and whatever dressing)

MAIN:

Turkey, of course. We don't usually do anything fancy with ours and I'm not likely to try and change this year, though I'd LOVE to at least stuff it with some aromatics or something..

SIDES:
Cranberry Sauce, courtesy of Bobby Flay's recipe at the Foodnetwork
**dad has the jellied stuff out of the can**

Roasted Veggies on the Grill, we are going to do shallots, brussel sprouts, asparagus, corn and carrots

Mashed Potatoes two ways, nice and lumpy for dad, and creamy garlic mashed for me

Yams with marshmellows, brow sugar and stuff (my mom's recipe, delicious)

Cornbread Stuffing, courtesy of Michael Symon's recipe at the Foodnetwork **sans ham because I don't like it**

DESSERTS:


Pumpkin Pie, courtesy of somewhere online, I can't find my paper right now. It has heavy cream and a bunch of other yummies in it.

Apple Tart, courtesy of Paula Deen's recipe at the Foodnetwork

I'm drooling a little thinking about it.

Happy Early Thanksgiving!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zeitgeist and the month of December…