An eternity and a half I know...


It's been like a billion years..I know.. total blog slacker. Of course, I should be studying for finals right now, but I'm avoiding it.. Shhhh don't tell anyone ok?

I had an amazing week with my little sister. She has not been down here for several years and it was great to reconnect and show her around. Also, a little mind blowing. I realized, while showing her around, that I don't actually HATE where I am anymore. (EEEEEEK! This may be a sign of the apocalypse, but I'm not certain, I'll have to consult with the apocalypse junkies...)

We went out to Valley of Fire for my first time ever. That is where the first picture was taken. I won't lie. It was HOT, very HOT. I think I may have melted a little out there. I can't wait until it's cooler again in the fall to head back out and go on some of the hikes. It's like another planet out that a ways.

Now, this is not to say that I don't still have an entire notebook that is filling up with little clippings of apartments, news articles and random pamphlets about the dreamy Northwest, but it was a rather nice realization that I'm a little more content than I let on.

Death Valley really is amazing and with my new found adoration of art, I am finding more and more that I WANT to go there! And I WANT to go and take pictures to use in my drawing. It's waaaaaaaaaaaay too hot to sit out there and sketch, but I'm thinking this fall when I need a break I may just take a stab at it.(This is seriously frightening news!).

Now, I just need my sister to come back so we can play more!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zeitgeist and the month of December…