As promised (a little later than intended) - Rhyolite!

So, sometimes I think I'm going to do something and then end of the semester and a bout of a flu happens ...

I did promise to include some fun shots from my visit to Rhyolite about two weeks ago. What can I say? Internet went out (literally). It's the end of the semester. And.. em.. well, I think the aliens ate my homework..at least that's the story I'm sticking to for now. We did pass awfully close to Area 51, though the cell phones all behaved themselves this time.

But, I hope it's worth it to get a few of the shots. In case I've forgotten to mention it, Rhyolite is a ghost town from back in the day. They came looking for gold and found, well, Rhyolite.

To read more about it (mostly because I'm too lazy to type it all out right now) check it out HERE.

It's pretty cool to still be able to see the "bones" of the old buildings. One of my favorite reasons to go is the Goldwell Open Air Musuem. There is something very charming about it. I can't decide if I like the miner and the penguin or the ghost on a bike more..

So, another trip to Rhyolite gone. One of these days, I'm going to head up and catch it in the sunset.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zeitgeist and the month of December…