And the book goes - Brisingr (Christopher Paolini)

I must admit it took me a couple of tries to get going on this, the 3rd in what is now no longer a trilogy (eeeek! flashbacks of Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series!). I finally decided the only way to get past the slow part was to sit down and power through, which is what I did yesterday.

It definitely started very slow for me and while I didn't like it as much as the previous two books, there were some very interesting developments. It felt much more like a character book, rather than the adventure I had been hoping for. Admittedly, there was action (they are at war after all), but most of the book was more focused on the characters and their relationships. And, while that was interesting and confirmed some of my thoughts from reading the previous books, I really wanted some action and really, really had been hoping to find an author that would actually stick to their trilogy... oh well.

If you like the previous two, you'll likely enjoy this one. Do keep reading when it feels like it isn't going anywhere, it does get more interesting.

Happy Reading!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I wasn't really happy with this book. Especially after looking forward with anticipation to the wrapping up of the trilogy. I'm still not pleased about the late announcing of the continuation AND the lack of announcing of when to expect the next installment.

~ Rachel L from Canada

Popular posts from this blog

Zeitgeist and the month of December…