On the menu tonight - cookies (speculaas)

As promised, though a day late due to technical difficulties the lovely recipe for the speculaas cookies. These are a Dutch holiday cookie and oh so yummy. I recommend making sure that you make them super thin as this definitely increased the yumminess in the trials we did.

I swiped this recipe from Martha Stewart's December 2008 issue, and you can find a link to the site here.

I didn't have any speculaas molds, so I used a star cookie cutter instead.

This recipe makes about 32 cookies according to the magazine, but we made quite a few more. Might have different results with the actual molds.

The ingredients sound and smell rather terrible I will admit, but oh they combine so well! Happy baking!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zeitgeist and the month of December…