To smell the rain again..



It is evening and I am on the porch again. Best of all, it is raining. This is not the rain from my childhood... pounding down on the pavement and hitting your head hard enough to hurt, but it is steady and the desert is coming alive to greet it.

There is something very special about rain in the desert. Maybe it is because we do not receive very much of it, I'm not sure. The land comes alive at the first drop of water. And nothing else smells quite like wet sagebrush - mild, sweet and magical.

I snapped the shot above earlier today... it showed the whisper of rain and this evening we were happily able to enjoy the benefits.

It is getting a little chilly here on the porch. I will be going in soon to enjoy the open window freshness of rain. In the morning, we will likely not be able to see any hint that it passed through.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zeitgeist and the month of December…