Summer Plans 2010


What are you going to be doing this summer? Any big plans? I have very few really. Mostly, I am going to be staring at the garden to see what's growing; what I have killed and what looks tasty on a given day. That, and stressing about how freaked out I'm going to be the first day of class at a new school. (No official word yet, but I'm trying not to focus on that either).

My other plan is to work my way through the Artist's Way. Have you read it? I have heard a few people call it hokey and it can be, but if you are trying to work through a creative block or just want to get rid of the garbage in your head while working on something else - this is just fabulous! Okay, I think it's fabulous regardless, but I have yet to work all the way through it.

I am not, by nature, the most free person. I tend to bottle things up and just put on a pretty face to get by in the day. What this does when it's time to do something creative is frequently I have blocks and I'm not sure why. Well, after spending a little time going through the book, especially the AM pages, I figured out why. My head is full of snippets of internal dialogue that I keep in all day, and I mean full.

Once I started clearing these out, mainly through the AM pages, I was amazed. Of course, then I got busy and blah blah blah. You all know that story, we all do.

So this summer, one of goals is going to be to work through this book and get rid of as many blocks as I can. I think this will help alot with nerves in the fall. I will be all prepared to think outside that box and be brilliant.. =)

Hope you all have fun summer plans!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zeitgeist and the month of December…