Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Review: Need


Need
Need by Carrie Jones

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



I picked up this book because it was the first in a series and I love a good series. I also picked it up because I found the idea of a character fascinated with phobias intriguing. I wasn't sure what I was getting into.

I was so beyond pleasantly surprised by this author. The details she adds to describe feelings, situations and other characters are fabulous. The premise fascinating and I am already wishing I had picked up more of her books at the library and will definitely be returning for the next few of them soon.

My goal this summer was to try to expand my range of reading outside of all things magical. This series will not be doing that for me, but I am very pleased to have discovered it.

I really like that the main character is a string girl and that her strength is essential to the storyline. I also really appreciate the complexities of the relationship with her father and stepfather. It makes me think of that saying (badly paraphrased) that blood alone does not make someone your family.

I am looking forward to reading more from Carrie Jones and following Zara on her journey.



View all my reviews

1 comment:

Kelly Sokol said...

Hi, I love your book reviews. Keep up the good work!