Friday, March 29, 2013

Review: A Memory of Light


A Memory of Light
A Memory of Light by Robert Jordan

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



I have been waiting for this final novel in this series for a very long time. I was a little worried that I was going to loathe the ending... I mean after a long wait, you have time to think about how you think things should end, you know?

I was pleased with the ending. I have seen many of the details of it in my mind for quite some time and so as it began to unfold as I thought it might, I worried that some of the lamer details I had in my head would also play out, the curse of someone who reads alot in a particular genre I think. However, I found that the details I did not exactly see coming changed the story in ways that I loved.

I am not going to spend alot of time delving into a synopsis or analyzing story arcs. 1. Because everyone would be really bored and 2. Because I read in this genre to get away, and the potential deeper meanings of anything are not my particular focus.

Here are three things I really liked:

1. I must admit to jumping up and down and doing a little dance when I saw that the story was finally winding down instead of introducing a bunch of new stuff.

2. I was completely shocked by some of who didn't make it through to the end, and I LOVE that! I love it when I am surprised in any book.

3. I was completely satisfied with the end. I have seen other people who did not like it, but I found it very satisfying.

And, now I have to live in the "life after the Wheel of Time series ended" world. But, I am looking forward to rereading the entire series from beginning to end this summer when homework will not get in the way.



View all my reviews

No comments: