Wednesday, January 9, 2013

52 Weeks, 52 New Books - 2013 Goal

I thought this year, I would think about the changes I want to make in the way I wander through my life and then create little challenges with fancy names to make them sound fun. Well, some of them aren't going to sound fun no whatever what fancy dust I sprinkle on them, but I can try.

I love to read, but lately I have noticed that I am just re-reading my favorites rather than try new things. And, this year is all about NEW! And preferably sparkly and accompanied by chocolate because every good thing should be. Isn''t that quote I found on Pinterest over there awesome?

For this challenge, I may or may not read a book a week. I thought about that, but then realized I might explode once classes start and I have to deal with the "real" world again. Some weeks there may be more than one, like this summer when I do not have any classes. But, I am going to try to hit at least one new book every two weeks.

I have a profile on Goodreads, if you haven't checked out Goodreads yet, and you love books, YOU SHOULD. Go HERE to find it. I also noticed that I have been a very lame reviewer of the books that I have read and so to remedy that. Each of my 52 books, will be accompanied by a review that I take more than two minutes to write. And, there will be a fun little sidebar thingy over there (because I love a sidebar thingy) to show you all the ones I have read so far.

With the release of the last book in the Wheel of Time series, I will, of course, have to re-read a few of those in order to get back into the world as I do with every new book in a series, so they won't count in this challenge.


Right now I am reading Steven Montano's Crown of Ash (Bloodskies #4). If you haven't read this series yet, I highly recommend them. I am not normally a scary vampire kind of book girl, and this is much darker than my normal choice, but I have found myself drawn into them. And, if I can love a dystopian vampire novel, I bet most of you can as well. What is the most appealing to me in these novels is that it is not just blood and guts (I won't lie, there's a fair amount of both), but that there is just as much time spent developing characters that I actually care about and a fascinating structure of rules to magic (which I am sucker for).

Do yourself a favor, try out Bloodskies, the first novel. You can find it HERE on Amazon for Kindle and its available in a bunch of other formats, including print as well. So, people who wander by my blog once in awhile, what are your reading goals for 2013?.

2 comments:

Daezarkian13 said...

Thanks so much for the mention, Jenn, I'm glad you're enjoying the series! =D

Jenn Pulju said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my little blog. =)

I am excited for the release of the next one!